You, like many other people, value your car as one of your most prized possession. And you should. A car is one of the most expensive things you own, right after your house. This is a general supposition. You may have other things that are more expensive, but let’s talk in general, shall we? So, because you care about its safety, it’s only natural that you want to protect it. Now, I don’t have to tell you that car theft is a real issue in the U.S. Cars gets stolenevery day, right under your nose.
The benefits of planting a GPS tracker into your car
This little device comes with a bunch of advantages, but the most plain of them is not the only one.
- Yes, let’s state the obvious here and say that GPS trackers arean excellent way to keep track of your car. Especially if you live in the city and your parking space is not under your window. That is a common issue in urban areas. So, if your car does get stolen, you can immediately find out where it went. Not by itself, obviously. You can alert the police, and point them where your vehicle is. You get your car back, the police catches the criminal, and everybody wins. Except for the thief, of course. He may be cursing technology progress at that point.
- They are very helpful for businesses. Companies that provide a company car can know where their vehicles go every day. Some employees may not be totally honest as to where they went using the car. Some of them use it for personal purposes. You don’t know. But with a GPS tracker for cars, you have all the opportunities to find out. Some models even come with a tracking history. You can check weekly where your car has been. This is a very common practice among businesses all over.
- Some GPS tracking devices can send you a notification when the car has left a particular area. For example, let’s say your teenage kid asks for your car to go someplace, but he or she is actually planning on going someplace else. I know it kind of breaks some boundaries, but if you are raising a teenager, you may agree with me. With a GPS tracker for cars, you can know exactly where he or she went. Next time you’ll know better than to lend your car to your kid.
- They can be used for tracking virtually anything, not just cars. You can track your car, your bike, your child, and even your elder (if you have one, that is). As long as you can safely place the device somewhere, sky is the limit.
What to look for in the best GPS tracker for cars?
There are a lot of models out there. So how can you possibly make the right choice? There are a few criteria that make the best GPS tracker for cars. It really depends on what you want or need. So, before making a purchase, ask yourself the next questions:
- Do I need real time tracking? If you want to know where your car is at all times, then yes, you need a GPS tracking device that can tell you where your car is in real time. It’s very simple. You just access the app, and you can see if your car still is where you left it. I thought you should know because there are GPS devices that don’t provide real time tracking.
- Is the battery going to last? Very important. If you buy some cheap knock-off from that guy around the corner, you may be getting poor battery life as well. The battery, as you well know, it’s the thing that keeps the device alive. You don’t want it to last a day, do you? Instead, choose a GPS tracker that can go on for weeks. Pay attention to the features. If you buy a device that is motion activated, the battery will last for an extended period of time.
- Does this GPS tracker have a power supply failure alert? Each time you look at a product, ask yourself this question. It is imperative. GPS trackers for cars are very useful, but only as long as they function properly.
- Does it have a zone alert? This is extremely helpful for people who want to know if their cars are in a particular area. Business owners are especially fond of this feature because they can track where their employees are taking the company car. So are parents for tracking their teenagers.
- Do I need a speed alert? That feature comes in handy for parents who want to teach their children always to follow the speed limits. Or employers who want to keep track on their employees’ driving behavior.
- Does it keep a history log? I think that all best GPS trackers for cars should have this feature. It comes in handy for various reasons. It may reveal wherever the car has gone when you let someone else drive it. Or maybe you went somewhere, need to go again, but forgot where it is.
- Is the app easy to use? Most apps that come with a GPS tracker are simple. It’s only a map after all. However, see if all the features are easy to access.
- Does it come with a subscription or do I pay as I go? Usually, GPS services don’t come free of charge, but some devices do indeed imply a single payment at first, and that’s all.
What are the best GPS trackers for cars?
Now that you know what are the benefits and what you should look for in the best GPS tracker for cars, let’s see if you can make a smart choice. Here are a few suggestions.
Spy Tec STI_GL300
Spy Tec is one of the most popular GPS trackers for cars, but not only. The device has a compact design that can be slipped anywhere. You can put it in your vehicle, in your kid’s backpack, and even when you want to keep track of an elderly person. If you have a parent who lives with you and has Alzheimer’s disease, slipping this device in one of his/her pockets may save you a lot of trouble. Especially if he or she is a wanderer. The monthly subscription is more than affordable, but what you will appreciate about this aspect is that there is no activation or cancellation fee. There are similar products that require signing a contract, but this is not the case. The device is motion activated so it will not function when it’s not necessary. That ensures a long lasting battery life. As far as tracking goes, there is a real-time checking of the device’s whereabouts. However, the updates differ depending on the package you choose. There are three packages available: basic, which will give you an update every 60 seconds, the plus package, that will provide an update every 10 seconds, and the premium, which updates every 5 seconds. Personally, I don’t see why the basic is not enough. You can track the same things using this GPS. An update every 5 or 10 seconds is not a must. You can use the Spy Tec GPS tracker for geo-fencing as well. Whenever the device finds itself in areas outside the fence, you will get a notification via email or text message. Comes in handy if you want to keep track of where your child is going, or if you provide company cars to your employees. The app is very easy to use. It’s basically Google Maps, so you won’t any issues handling it. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Optimus Real Time GPS Tracker
Optimus Tracker also released an excellent GPS device. If you choose this product, you will have international coverage. Comes in handy if you want to go abroad. You don’t necessarily have to use it for a car, but whatever you need tracking for. It’s tiny, so you can place it virtually anywhere you want, it’s extremely portable. The monthly subscription is affordable. There is no contract required, there are no extra fees, and you can cancel anytime you want. The app is compatible with Android phones and iPhones. Unfortunately, there is no app for Microsoft phones. It provides fast tracking, and it’s very easy to use. There is even a special routing feature for private investigators. Notifications can be set for various reasons. You will receive an email or a text message alert whenever someone is driving your car, and he or she is speeding, and you will know when the device is entering or leaving a preset area. The battery will last you a while, approximately 2 weeks. The device is motion activated, which will preserve battery life, butkeep in mind that asking for multiple reports will reduce it. In any case, you will get a notification when the GPS tracker needs charging. For emergencies, you even have an SOS button. The Optimus GPS tracker provides an extensive history log. You can check driving reports whenever. All data will be saved as long as the device is in service.
Vyncs Car GPS Tracker
Unlike the other two models, this GPS tracker is more car-oriented, so to speak. It was designed primarily for cars, and it provides so much more than tracking services. Once you purchase the Vyncs GPS tracker, you will receive one year of 24/7 service and a 3G data plan throughout the US and Canada. There is no activation fee, no monthly fee, no contract is required, and there is no automated billing. After the year passes, you just renew the subscription for the same amount as when you first bought it. The GPS updates every 3 minutes by default, but you can request one every 60, 30, or 15 seconds, depending on the package you choose. You will be able to know wherever you car is at any given moment. If the vehicle gets stolen, you will be provided with car recovery assistance. You will be able to enjoy a large number of features. You will be notified whenever the car has left or entered a particular preset area, and you’ll even know if you passed or failed an emission test. A fuel level report will also be available, and the app will provide a driver scoring. You can keep your teen safe by simply checking the feedback from the device. You will be reminded whenever you have to perform car maintenance checks. But what you will love about this GPS tracker is that it comes with an OBD diagnostics feature. It can detect fault codes, check engine light, and battery health. The app, Android and iOS compatible, is very easy to use and you can access all the information you need. The extended battery life will ensure that you are aware of your car’s movements at all times. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Since you are looking for the best GPS tracker for cars, I am going to recommend the Vyncs GPS tracker. They are all very good products that will reach their purpose, but my choice is purely based on features. The Vyncs model provides the best ones, along with the tracking service. The fact that it notifies you when your car gets “sick,” it’s a huge selling point for me.
Keeping your peace of mind is a very important thing. You need to worry about so many things in your life. Don’t let your car’s safety be one of them. Find the best GPS tracker for cars, and your mind will be at ease, no matter where you let it, and with whom. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Undisputed Truth About Vehicle Tracking Device That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- Tracking Device for Car Options
- What’s Actually Happening with Vehicle Tracker
- The Ultimate Car Gps Tracker Trick
- The Debate Over Gps Car Tracker
- The Meaning of Car Tracking Device
- The Insider Secret on Gps Tracker for Car Discovered
- The New Angle On Cartrack Just Released
- Finding the Best Tracking Devices
- Shocking Details About Gps Tracker Uncovered
- Find Out Who is Talking About Gps Tracking Device and Why You Need to Be Worried
- The Hidden Truth on Gps Fleet Tracking
- Thoughts on Gps Auto Tracker in Step by Step Order
- The Basics of Small Tracking Devices
- What Is So Fascinating About Tracking Devices for Vehicles?
- Finding Gps Tracker Car Online
- Getting the Best Gps Tracking Chip
- The Forbidden Facts Regarding Gps Device Uncovered by an Old Pro
- Unusual Article Uncovers the Deceptive Practices of Real Time Gps Tracker
- Top Hidden Gps Tracker for Car Guide!
- Top Car Tracker Gps Reviews!
- Getting the Best Fleet Tracking
- Techniques for Auto Gps Tracker Only the Pros Know About
- Best Gps Tracker Tips & Guide
- The Most Popular Gps Tracker App
- Car Tracking System Tips
- Top Vehicle Gps Tracking Reviews!
- An Honest View of Gps Location
- The Downside Risk of Tracker for Car That No One Is Talking About
- Why Everyone Is Mistaken About Gps Tracking Device for Cars and Why You Really Need to Read This Report Immediately
- Introducing Tracker Car
- The Fundamentals of Personal Gps Tracker That You Can Benefit From Beginning Today
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Gps Tracking System
- The 5-Minute Rule for Vehicle Tracking System
- Gps Vehicle Tracker Reviews & Guide